DuPont Building Innovations
A Roofing Underlayment With Added Durability and Protection
Modern roofing materials are designed to last. So is DuPont™ RoofLiner, a durable, high-performance underlayment with a 30-year limited warranty.
DuPont™ RoofLiner is an innovative roofing underlayment made to be used with today’s long-lasting shingles, tiles and other roof coverings. It provides water protection in commercial and most residential construction.
During construction, RoofLiner can withstand UV rays for up to six months and resists blowoffs and tearing, to help prevent rain and snow from damaging sheathing or walls. Once the roof is finished, RoofLiner provides a durable secondary layer of water protection.
How It Works
RoofLiner has a woven polymer core and a top surface composed of DuPont™ Elavoy® AC copolymer, which provides high water holdout, UV and thermal stability, long service life, and durable roof protection.
Elvaloy® copolymer provides high water hold-out, UV and thermal stability, and high coefficient of friction, for excellent grip and foot adherence. Roofliner does not contain any asphalt, like traditional roofing felts.
Unique Material Science
RoofLiner gains flexibility and durability by incorporating Elavoy® copolymer. Trusted for its excellent durability, Elvaloy® delivers durable and reliable roof protection.
Meets a Range of Standards
RoofLiner has the following designations and meets the following standards:
- Class A Fire Rating per ASTM E108.
- Meets U.S. technical requirements of ICC-ES AC-188, code approval per #ESR-2391.
- Approved for use in Florida; Florida Building Code approval FL 11602-R2.
- Approved by Dade County Notice of Acceptance #13-0710.02.
- Approved for use in Canada. Meets Canadian CAN/CSA A220.1 code Intertek #3193611COQ-003A.
In the U.S., RoofLiner can be used with all types of roof covering materials listed in ICC-ES AC-188 (shingles, tiles, slates, shakes, metal, etc.), and in Canada, CAN/CSA A220.1. It is ideal for new construction and re-roofing applications, where the minimum roof slope is 2:12. And it is suitable for both residential and commercial jobs.
During the construction phase, when the roof is exposed, RoofLiner prevents rain and snow intrusion into the roof structure. When construction is complete, it performs as a secondary water barrier for ongoing protection against the elements.
DuPont™ RoofLiner is available in 10-square rolls measuring 48” x 250’ (1.2m x 76.2m), which contain 1000 ft2 of material (92.9 m2).
Better Than Felt
RoofLiner is stronger and lighter than #30 roofing felt, and resists tearing and wind blowoffs better. It is also more durable in extreme climates, and provides better water protection, with a hold-out capacity several times greater than #30 roofing felt. DuPont™ RoofLiner also continues to perform in extreme heat.
In desert areas, where temperatures can rise to 120o during the day, the oil and tar in roofing felt can liquefy and melt into the plywood underneath, weakening the material and leaving it prone to leaks, and disintegration. DuPont™ RoofLiner is more resistant to heat than felt, and doesn’t degrade like oil-based felts, even in extreme temperatures.
Other RoofLiner advantages include:
- Larger 4'-width means fewer overlaps, and therefore, less opportunity for leaks than #30 roofing felt.
- More lightweight and easier to handle for installers than #30 felt.
- Durable and extremely difficult to tear by wind, or even by hand.
The roof is one of a building’s first line of defense against the elements overhead. Keeping the roof structure dry with a premium roofing underlayment both during and after construction can be critical to its long-term performance.
DuPont™ RoofLiner can be used on new construction or replacement roofs with a minimum slope of 2:12. It can be installed over solid roof sheathing to protect the roof structure from water penetration.
Support Throughout The Building Process
DuPont™ RoofLiner is backed by the quality, integrity and resources of DuPont, the company that invented building wrap, including:
- The DuPont™ Certified Installer Program, offering training and certification for installation contractors.
- 30-year limited warranty from DuPont.
- Support from the DuPont™ Tyvek® Specialist Network. From the latest updates on building codes to on-site consulting and training on DuPont™ weatherization products, a local DuPont™ Tyvek® Specialist can help you make sure the job gets done right.
DuPont provides a product specific 10 year limited warranty on our weather barriers. Our national network of DuPont™ Tyvek® Specialists can answer all your questions regarding our products
Find answers to frequently asked questions about Tyvek® weather barriers, from energy efficiency to water protection to proper installation.